Every day we are presented with news stories, and countless blog posts presenting a negative narrative of the state of learning, education, and schools in America today. We talk about outcomes and test scores, about accountability and rigorous academics, about drop out rates and bad teachers.
We are really good as a nation about voicing what we do not want and what is not working, yet we spend little air time presenting a story of what we do want.
While these negative narratives helped to rally educators, students, parents and communities to stand up together and try to reclaim their voice in education transformation, it has not helped us move towards a positive vision of what education can be.
As we stand up to rally on the steps of city hall or at the Department of Education, or at school board meetings or state capitals, let us rally for a Transformed education, for a positive vision of learning, for education and learning that matters.
Let’s use our energy and our coming together to OPT IN to what we want our education to look like, and start to collectively vision both locally and nationally towards these visions.
What is your positive vision for a transformed education?
28 Notes/ Hide
- educationworld likes this
- insolent--dreamer likes this
- crystalbeata likes this
- twistedsymbols reblogged this from imagininglearning
- iseecigarettesmoke likes this
- meghanjh likes this
- gemseducation reblogged this from imagininglearning
- This was featured in #Education
- teachingmsm likes this
- champion-of-beautiful-truth likes this
- maiiroom reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- maiiroom likes this
- enjify likes this
- saudas101 likes this
- inspirediy likes this
- cooldork7 reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- heavyxboots likes this
- knowledgesponge likes this
- poetryandfairies likes this
- adventuresinlearning reblogged this from imagininglearning
- imagininglearning posted this